Saturday, July 22, 2006

Coffee Thoughts

Today's Brew: Community Coffee, Hazelnut flavored. It is a full-bodied coffee with just a hint of flavor. We aren't really the flavored coffee kind of drinkers around here. Works well with the hazelnut creamer. Using my "got penguins?" mug, a parody of the "got milk?" campaign.

Last night I watched "Something's Gotta Give" and loved it, again. I have now seen it many times and it always makes me laugh. Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton are an excellent pairing and both are natural comics, I think. I see "You've Got Mail" is on later this afternoon. I'll be there. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks? Another great pairing from Hollywood. Still love it every time I watch it. First today, though it's "Pay It Forward", as I haven't seen that yet.

Miss Lebanon and Miss Israel are great friends at the Miss Universe pagaent. They both have extra tight security around them for tonight's competition as both have received numerous threats for being friends. It's the world in which we live.

Hubby should be on the oil drilling rig in Kazakhstan by now. Waiting to hear from him as to what kind of communication ability to the outside world he will have. That's the biggest drawback to some of the places he travels to work, the communication is often shaky at best. I am blessed with a husband who keeps as frequent contact with me as possible.

I have been wearing a new shirt lately, a seersucker shirt with thin blue and white stripes, and it makes we ask why did I forget how comfy seersucker is in this heat? I haven't worn the fabric in years and I have seen the error of my ways.

Also increasing my comfy level? My Birkenstocks'. I have several pair and my newest are too cute. The brand is excellent for my flat feet and I love them.

One more week of summer school and son is done. Regular school begins in less than a month. Too fast.

I bought a panini maker and plan to learn how to make pressed sandwiches with it. I want to try those Cuban style sandwiches I see being made on the cooking shows. But first, for breakfast I am doing Belgian waffles.

I love Joyce Meyers:
"I found out...that my personal joy is not somebody else's responsibility. It's my responsibility." She is able to make her sermons into the conversational style I prefer and reminds us of basic messages. And, she maintains a positive, uplifting style.

2 comments:

srp said...

I've always wanted to say this, now I can and it's true"
"Live! From New York! It's Saturday Night!!!!!"

There, now that is out of my system. I do believe you have on my shirt. I too chose seersucker today. Also have a new black and white pin striped one. It is so cool and non-sticky when the weather is hot.

You are right. Boys ARE strange. I keep reaching for my mouse and forgetting that this is Nyssa's laptop with the sliding finger thingy.

Beverly said...

Joyce Meyer hit the nail on the head, didn't she. I remember hearing John Maxwell once say that someone asked his wife if John made her happy. He said, "I got all puffed up, thinking of what I was going to hear, and then she said, 'Absolutely not! I don't depend on him for my happiness.'" Good lesson from Joyce and John.