Monday, July 03, 2006

Muddy Monday

Rain is in the forecast all week here. Blech. At least the traffic was light this morning when I took son to his class. It's an hour round trip so that's two hours out of my day all this month.

I watched a little of "Breaking Away" over the weekend. I haven't watched that movie in a while. My mother in law is an extra in it; it was filmed in hubby's hometown as it is where the race takes place. My mother in law is an actress. At one time she had a local cooking show long before cooking shows were cool. She's done lots of theatre and been in movies. Now she mostly does commercials. She is still doing her real estate work, too. She retired briefly from the real estate working world a few months ago but was too bored. Did I mention she's 83 years old?

Between hubby's work schedule and son's class schedule this summer, we won't be going anywhere for vacation. We're planning on Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations now. Son usually gets all of Thanksgiving week off from school and at Christmas they always get a good 2 weeks off. Son and I are leaning to going to NYC and seeing plays and the sites. Hubby wants to go to Las Vegas. All of us want to get to the Grand Canyon. And there's Ireland. So I am having big fun researching and dreaming about all this. Nothing definite yet. I think we may wait for the Grand Canyon until next spring break, though. Researching and planning are a big part of the fun of vacations for me. I love to do it.

Meatloaf tonight with roasted potatoes and carrots, sliced tomatoes. I think I'll make some brownies, too. This dreary weather calls for some old fashion comfort food.

Cheers.

3 comments:

Carol ReMarks said...

I'm with ya on the NYC vacation trip.

Oh and my goodness gracious, supper sounds delicious! YUMMY!

srp said...

Less than three weeks now and I will wing my way to Brooklyn, Nyssa will follow two days later. We have tickets for Wicked and The Producers, courtesy of my brother. I was amazed at how much more expensive the tickets were now compared to ten years ago. Prices then were up there for ordinary folks.... $65 to $85 per ticket. Now they range from $130 on up. Some places say the tickets are $100 but they add fees and even if you get them from the theater itself, the fees seem to still be there. These are not the GOOD seats either. Those were going for over $200 a ticket.

I'm hoping the fees for the art museums and botanical gardens are not so high.

Beverly said...

I'm all for going to New York City. When a friend and I turned 50, we had planned to go to Europe, but we didn't have the bucks, so a friend suggested NYC. Four of us went. Our feet hit the ground running and we didn't stop for four days. I'd love to do it again.

I'm off to the Chicago area for 10 days to go to conferences and play. I'm looking forward to that.