Wednesday, July 26, 2006

OK, I'm Game

This morning SuZan and Sheri at Celebrating Women tagged me. I'll play.

When did you first start blogging and why?

I was under the impression that if I forced myself to write on a daily or near daily basis my writing abilities would improve. I began a year ago with my blog and I'll let others be the judge.

What don't you talk about?

I don't use the names of my husband or son on the blog or our family name. I use my first name and the names of our dog and cat! I try not to get too personal with blogging about our lives. I prefer to stick to my passions of politics and current events.

Are you and your blogging persona the same person?

One and the same.

How do you use blogging to build friendships?

I didn't begin with my blog to establish friends. However, I am the first to say it is a wonderful bonus to the whole process. I like to think I have a circle of friends now through the blogosphere and I look forward to checking in with them on a daily basis.

How would you describe your writing style?

I try to write in a casual, almost conversational style. I am talking to friends in my mind as I type. Since a lot of my posts have to do with politics I do try not to preach or condescend. I fail a lot of times but I do try. Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

Thanks, ladies. I like being included in the Houston connection!

1 comment:

Sheri & SuZan said...

LOL...I'll have to remember that statement:

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

glad you played.

:)