Tuesday, August 22, 2006

August 22

Sipping the last of the bag of Cinnamon Hazelnut coffee beans this morning. Hubby arrived home from the Gulf of Mexico Sunday afternoon, and then off yesterday early afternoon for Amarillo. I have been taking a break from around the clock news coverage for the past couple of days as I can take it no longer. Over the past 48 hours I watched "Two for the Money" with Matthew McConaughey and Al Pacino. I watched "Ladder 49" with Joaquim Pheonix and John Travolta. Both good while very different movies. I can pretty much watch Matthew McConaughey and Joaquim Pheonix do anything and enjoy it, though.

I watched "Vanished" last night. It was the debut show and I mostly liked it. It moves fairly quickly and kept me interested.

I am distracting my brain by learning about my new Treo and how to do things with it. It's a challenge that keeps me busy.

Today is August 22. It is the date that the maniac in Iran said he would give the world his answer about continuing on with his development of nuclear weapons. Why would anyone even doubt what the answer is to be today? It is a date held in high esteem in the Islamic religion. The U.N. will continue to look the other way. Kofi Annan has scheduled a trip to Tehran at the end of this month. He is corrupt, his people in the upper levels at the U.N. are corrupt and the whole of the U.N. leadership process is corrupt. Nothing will be done regardless of Iran's response. Kofi Annan's term as president is over on Dec. 31 and he is just waiting out the clock at this point. And going to places like Tehran, on the U.N.'s dime to make his deals for when he is out in the real world again. He'll have to be able to support his lifestyle, you know.

I am so sick of the non-stop coverage of the JonBenet Ramsey alleged killer. I don't think he did it. I am sorry for the murder of a beautiful little 6 year old child. However, while the world is blowing up around us and a rogue state in the mid east continues to threaten to end the existance of the state of Israel, then the U.S., is this story really the best use of news coverage time? This story was the main reason I had to turn away from the news last weekend. It's ridiculous.

"Not all who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

3 comments:

Me said...

Ooooo I LOVED Ladder 49. I really thought Jacinda did an excellent job in that movie, which surprised me because when she was a 'model' and on Real World MTV I couldn't stand her. A spoiled rotten snot. But... she made me cry when she looked out the window of the house and saw the red car in the street. She was so good in that movie. I thought I would see more of her after that one, but sadly, not so much.

Beverly said...

I didn't see either of those movies, but I agree on being able to watch those two actors. I especially like Matthew. I loved Joaquin PHoenix as Johnny Cash.

The founder of my university said way back in the 60's that they should push the UN building into the East River.

And Kofi Annan! ;-(

srp said...

I certainly don't think we should give the UN any more tax dollars. It hasn't ever done much actually.

I don't usually watch the news. Mom keeps it on most of the day and she is hard of hearing and her hearing aide is in the shop right now so the volume is so high you can hear it all over the house anyway.