Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Not Much

My husband called from Wyoming to ask what in the world is going on with current events - madness everywhere. School shootings in Amish country, guns on campus in Las Vegas, Turkish man hijacking an airplane and landing in Italy so he may receive political amnesty, North Korea is testing the nuclear weapons it claims it doesn't have, Iran and France are working on a deal for France to enrich nuclear materials for Iran, and the politicalization of the Foley fiasco continue with the Dems resuming measuring for curtains after pausing when the president went back up in the polls recently.

And the weather is still hot here - our highs are still in the 90's and my air conditioning continues to run.

I feel blechy today.

I started out feeling really good, though. A little bounce in my step this morning. The stock market reached a new record high this afternoon.

Will President Bush and the republican congress finally receive credit for the robust economy we continue to have despite all of the roadblocks? Like it or not, the tax cuts are responsible.

The price of oil per barrel is down. I paid $2.01 at the pump the other day. Any positive response from the president's opposition?

So today maybe it's just hormonal mood swings. Who knows. I just don't have the energy.

I'm making a chili macaroni dish and steaming broccoli for dinner and calling it a day.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I noticed that your temperatures are high. It was 83 here in Virginia today. When I took the baby out for a stroll, I surely didn't need a sweater.

One place up here has gas for $1.91. Most are around 2.00.

Anonymous said...

I am still reeling from the news of the shootings in the Amish school. The photographs of the community, of the neighbors standing together, are so sad. This was truly a horrible story and imagining the events just chills me.

Group that with the protest of some church group angry with the war in Iraq and the governor of Pennsylvania or whatever which is planning to crash the funerals and it is enough to put one's blood pressure through the roof.

Did you catch Pelosi's remarks that the GOP isn't doing enough to investigate Foley's actions? Let's see, what side of the fence was she on with Juanita Broderick, Kathleen Wiley, Monica, et. al. I'm probably leaving somebody out. Oh, yeah, the "trailer park" commentary on Paula Jones. Pelosi's indignancy leaves me a little cold. Even though Foley is one sick puppy and I don't think alcohol rehab is going to fix his problems.

I wouldn't mind being in Wyoming now. Pretty country.

srp said...

I saw that the Amish are already practicing what they preach... forgiveness. They are reaching out to the family of the man who murdered their children. We could all learn a lesson from their example.