Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday Thoughts

The air is cool this morning and the breeze is blowing. The sky is dark and ominous as rain is again on the way.

I have a book review I have been meaning to submit to The Dew, finally. It's up and in the book review section. It's on "Ya-Yas in Bloom". I love the series of books Rebecca Wells has produced. Check it out by clicking on the button on the right side of the blog.

So, I guess we'll be vaporized this weekend. Houston is one of the dirty bomb sites for Sunday football games, at our Reliant Stadium. Nice. The intelligence and Homeland Security? I have little faith either way with them all after the failures of the past. You know I have little confidence in the government as a viable solution to much of anything anyway.

The dirty bomb threat comes on the last day of Ramadan. Interesting, no? This month of Ramadan has been brutally violent this year. So much for the religion of peace.

Do you notice the slights to Southern people on national tv by folks from other parts of the country? Especially the northeast? Yesterday I saw a female comedian make the crack that an opinion was quite progressive, especially for someone from Baton Rouge. What? Do we really have people in our population that still believe people in the South are slow, stupid, unthinking? Really, the arrogance irritates me to no end.

I seem to be in a bit of a bad mood today. These mood swings are fun, I'll tell you. If this mood doesn't lift soon, as this is the second day of it, I suppose I'll have to visit the family doctor. She is a wise Indian woman who always suggest holistic approaches besides standard pharmaceutical ways. I like that about her.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I had a colleague once who told me that she was surprised to find one from the South so intelligent. (She was from Chicago.) I set her straight right away in no uncertain terms.

We had a couple of teachers at our school from Michigan who would talk about how much money they could be making if they were teaching in Michigan. I told them that the road was right out the door.

I have no time for people like that.

srp said...

OK, trying again. I'm having a bit of trouble with Blogger posting comments.

There is much to be in a "bad mood" about these days. On top of that, the rain and dreariness doesn't help. We need some Vitamin D... let the sunshine begin.