Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Baby Penguins

Last summer some penguins from the Indianapolis Zoo were relocated to the aquarium at Moody Gardens on Galveston Island. The truck transporting the penguins was in an accident and some of the birds didn't make it to their destination. Others had to recover for a while to get well.

The good news is now there are baby penguins from this group! One chick hatched on Nov. 12 and there are 8 more chicks expected to hatch in the coming weeks.

"Their mating and parenting behavior is a positive sign that they are adjusting to their new environment", according to a news release from Moody Gardens.

A little something to smile about this morning.

And now I'm am getting back to my Boca Java Palm Beach Passion with almond toffee creamer.

I wish everyone a truly Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Hug someone.

4 comments:

Me said...

I wasn't given that flavor of Boca Java... but it sounds good !


Anything with the word beach in it sounds good right now... LOL.

srp said...

Yeah! For the penguins. So glad they are loving their new home and each other. I hope Nyssa waits to go see the Happy Feet with me. She is in Dallas or Fort Worth I assume. She never did call to let me know she made it. Oh, well.

Anonymous said...

The idea of a bunch of baby penguins makes me smile.

That coffee sounds good, even this late in the day.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving, Karen!

Beverly said...

I remember that accident. So glad they're doing well. I went to see a movie today, but not Happy Feet. When I went into mine, a crowd of kids and adults was coming out of the Happy Feet theater.

Happy Thanksgiving, again.